The cost of making marketing videos can be really different depending on the kind of videos you're creating. Let's break down the costs to think about when you're making a marketing video.
Deciding how much a creative job costs is not easy. And just like other creative things, the cost of video marketing can change a lot. Figuring out a price for something creative is hard and not very clear. But it's a really important part of your marketing budget and you need to figure it out.
People often don't want to spend on marketing videos because it takes time and money. But you can add marketing video costs to your overall budget, no matter how big or small it is.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Marketing Videos
To put video marketing services in your marketing budget, you have to know that many things can change the cost. This depends on what kind of videos you want and what they're for. Let's see the most important things that decide how much making marketing videos will cost.
The quality of a marketing video changes because of the person who makes it and comes up with the idea. Someone who does this as a part-time job might not make as good a video as a pro. However, having not-so-great quality might be okay if you know what you want. For instance, videos for fun or teaching don't have to be perfect. But if you want to show off your brand, be ready to spend more on making the video.
The length the video takes also decides how much it costs to make. Just a few more seconds can make the price go up a lot. This happens because:
- When the video is longer, the person making it needs more time to make new things and plan the story.
- Sometimes, new shots might be needed tomake the video longer. This means filming new things, maybe in new places andwith new people.
- A longer video also needs more editing work, which makes the cost of video marketing services go higher.
The kind of video you're making decides how much it costs. For example, if you want cool shots from above using a drone, it needs special equipment and a person to operate it. This costs more, so your video marketing will be more expensive.
Lastly, the way you actually make the video also changes how much it costs. Let's talk about this in more detail.
What Are the Real Budget Cost of Making a Video Marketing?
Even if you can make videos yourself and put them online, sometimes you need help from experts, and that can make your costs go up. So, having a budget for videos helps you hire the right people and make sure your videos look really good without worrying about spending too little. Here are some average costs for different experts (remember, these costs might be different depending on who you ask):
- Making Animated Explainers usually costs between $5,000 and $10,000 for everything.
- Getting actors for a video can start at$100 for an hour, but the cost might go up a lot if you need famous actors.
- People who write scripts can start at $100to $300 for an hour of their time, or they might give you a fixed price (usually between $350 and $1000) for a complete project.
- Video editors usually charge between $100and $200 for what they do, and the total cost can be anywhere between $200 and $800, depending on what you need.
These prices might seem big, but remember that even though these services cost a lot, you can find cheaper options (or even do things yourself for free if you want).
And don't forget, our Boosted video maker is a great choice for small business owners who want a professional ad without spending too much money.
How Do I Choose My Video Marketing Budget?
Here are some easy ways to decide how much money to use:
- First, figure out your goals and how you'll know if the video is successful (remember, success isn't always just about money). Do you want to get more people interested, make them more engaged, have more people buy, or focus on after they buy?
- Choose the kind of videos you want and see what you need for each. Animated explainers need a designer, an artist, a person to do the voice, and someone to edit, for example. Viral videos, though, need just a phone and some creativity.
- Begin with a small budget and then make it bigger. You don't need a huge budget if you haven't tried your plan yet. Startsmall and make it bigger later if you need to. This lets you see how each level works for your goals.
- Spend your money on the right places for videos. YouTube and Instagram have different needs and people watching. Spending too much on the wrong one might not be good for your business.
Marketing Video Production Cost Based on Types
Depending on how big the project is, the cost of getting video marketing made by someone else can change a lot. This is the most expensive choice if you have enough money. The prices can range from USD 1,500 to USD 3,000 for the whole thing. This depends on if it's a really good video or just a simple marketing thing.
The main parts of the cost for getting a video made by someone else are:
- Idea: The people making the video need time and stuff to come up with ideas for the story and how everything looks. The time this takes can be a few hours or a few days, depending on how big the project is.
- Getting Ready: Once the idea is okay, theteam has to do things like getting permission to shoot in places, pickingactors, and getting the equipment ready.
- Shooting: How much the video costs willdepend on how many days they spend shooting it. They usually charge for eachday they work multiplied by how many days it takes.
- Fixing It: This is when they edit and make it really nice. It's a big part and sometimes takes the longest time.
When you pay someone else to make the video, it costs more, but there are also good things about it:
- You can give all the work to pros, from thinking about it to making it, and not worry about if it's good or not.
- Some marketing companies might even helpyou plan other things to make your marketing videos work well.
- You don't have to worry about getting stuff for the video yourself.
Sometimes, it could be a better idea to make videos in your own place. Even though it needs a good amount of money at first, it might make your video costs lower in the long run.
Here's what it costs to make videos in-house:
- Equipment: What you need to shoot your video changes based on what it's about. If you're a known brand and want to make great videos, spending money on buying stuff and paying your own people to use them makes sense. This might cost anywhere from USD 1,000 for a simple camera to as much as USD 50,000 for a high-end one. There's also the cost for microphones, setting up the background, video editing software, lights, and more. You might also want to train your team. Even though this seems like a lot, remember that you only pay once for all of this. So, your overall video marketing costs will be less in the long run.
- Locations: If you want to shoot inside, like in your office, it won't cost much. But if you want to go outside now that you have fancy gear, it will cost more. The price depends on where you want to shoot and the permissions you need. If it's a full-day shoot, you also need to think about the team working hard outside.
Craft Your Perfect Marketing Video with Get Camera Crew!
Make fantastic marketing videos without spending a lot with Get Camera Crew! We know how important it is to have great videos that don't cost a fortune. Our team is skilled at making top-quality marketing videos that connect with your audience. We work with you from start to finish to make sure everything matches your ideas and budget. Let's create amazing videos together that grab attention. Contact Get Camera Crew and let's turn your ideas into awesome marketing videos!